FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Battle Maps

Battle Maps

Hey all:

Up until now I've been playing with 4E published material, and have been able to utilize the battle maps from the quests. At this point I am looking to do something on my own, but I could use advise on what the best tools there are out there for making battlemaps. Wizards had a handy dungeon tile program, but it is woefully out of date. Any other relatively simple options?

Connor

An up to date version of the tile mapper can be found by joining the Yahoo Group:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dungeon_tiles/

There is a program called Master Plan that is wonderful and it has a map builder inside beside all the other stuff (Encounters,monsters,player characters and so on and so on...)
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Haven
    There is a program called Master Plan that is wonderful and it has a map builder inside beside all the other stuff (Encounters,monsters,player characters and so on and so on...)
    Wow. Just discovered this very useful application. I have only played with it for 5 minutes and have already fallen in love with the auto tactical map feature. Simply brilliant.

I can see me using this in conjunction with FGII to help build prep material for city encounters etc.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Zeus; August 10th, 2009 at 23:59.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Can we get a link to this? Searching for master plan comes up with a lot of stuff that has little to do with making maps.

Quote Originally Posted by zephp
    Wow. Just discovered this very useful application. I have only played with it for 5 minutes and have already fallen in love with the auto tactical map feature. Simply brilliant.

I can see me using this in conjunction with FGII to help build prep material for city encounters etc.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Its always a pleasure to help people Glad you like it
    Do you have all the addons??
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Haven
    Its always a pleasure to help people Glad you like it
    Do you have all the addons??
    I downloaded the sample libraries and a compendium addon (couldn't get it to work properly though), are there any others?
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Well to be honest i don´t know what´s in the compendium...i never used it, i have all the libraries separated and i guess i have some stuff that is not in there...but like i said i don´t know what´s in the compendium...

Blog Entries
    Did you build your own libraries or download them, your post before last indicated there were addon's to download.

Aside from the sample libraries and compendium, I can't find a reference or link to any other addon?
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Thread Information