Starfinder Playlist

Update available (2.4.5)

Version 2.4.5
    • Due to multiple reports of backward compatibility problems in rulesets, a change was made that requires the ruleset to specify it is compatible with version 2.4 before preventing the creation of phantom data base nodes using the script function createChild. To enable the new functionality, add an attribute called "version" to the "root" tag of in the base.xml file of the ruleset, and specify a value of "2.4".
    • Fixed a crash bug caused by clients opening windows with an invalid data source. For rulesets supporting versions from 2.4 up (see above), an invalid data source will now cause an error message and create an unbound window.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Failure on update

The software update failed. It updated the message to 2.4.5, but not the software, as for some reason it was interrupted mid-update.

Unfortunately now it thinks it has updated and hasn't (and no one in the game last night could connect, so we couldn't play).

As a result, I uninstalled (or tried to uninstall) the software, but it won't uninstall properly either.

So, I renamed all of the FG2 folders to allow a clean new install, since I don't want to lose any of my data) and it won't install either. I'm guessing that there is something in the registry telling the computer that the software is already there, so that when I supposedly install the programme it goes into "Getting Package listing" and after 3 secs it says "Done". When I then run FantasyGrounds.exe it says "Getting Package Listing" and after 3 secs says "done". If I click on "done", it redoes the process once.

So - what am I to do, as I need to work on a module this evening for the Friday night game?

Please check first that your license key has been entered correctly. You can follow these instructions: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pdater_problem .

Ok, problem solved. I was using the correct registry number, but was cutting and pasting it in, which must have added extraneous characters.

Many thanks.

Thread Information