5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

D&D 3.5 Misty Glade

You are all residents of Misty Glade. A small town in the in the Kingdom of Whitehaven and have been for at least most of your life. Misty Glade has a population of 650 people including the outlying farms. Its safe to say you know all of its residents by name. Your characters may or may not be friends but you do know each other.

The Kingdom of Whitehaven is a peaceful nation ruled by King Charles the Kind. Rumors have recently surfaced about a coup in the capital of Soaring Eagle. It is said that the King was overthrown in hours and very likely executed.

The Feudal Lord of the Area Lord Tyrus Reed left for Soaring Eagle to discover news of his King's Fate 2 weeks prior.

This game is intended for Mature Players and will contain graphic language and violence in a horror type setting The campaign may contain drug use and sexual content as well. Player discretion is advised

Here is the catch: I work in Retail therefore my schedule is not set. This can be either a boon or a failing for this group. We will be able to play as often as we can all get together but this may or may not be often. We will have to be flexible. If you are still interested here is...

The Crunch

What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrew campaign setting.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

between 4-6

4. What's the gaming medium (GitP, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Fantasy Grounds 2 as well as probably Ventrilo for speed. If you don't have vent its free.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

First level 0 xp. Players new to the game will be welcome.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    250 gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

I have many source books so I am pretty open to most classes but please state book used if outside of core. PrC's will very likely not be allowed. I may make an exception due to exceptional roleplay but don't count on it. As for Homebrew run it by me.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Again I am pretty easy but because of level nothing with a LA beyond +1 will be allowed

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

This will be discussed at character creation

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Good and neutral characters only with a preference for good.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

I do not penalize xp for multi-classing so favored class is moot.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

This is not an important question when using fantasy grounds

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

I do have a house rule called the "Oops" that will be explained in more detail in game.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

it would be preferable but given the low traffic to the site I would say not necessary.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

the dynamic of the game will change based upon your decisions.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Pretty much anything but classes out of Tome of Battle and Tome of Magic or the fractal rules from UA
    Last edited by theevilsmurf88; August 1st, 2009 at 08:32.

Sounds pretty sweet. My own schedule is pretty free so I have no problems with a fluctuating game time.

I know a great role player (does a great job at the rp'ing out his pc's personality and so forth) who goes by the online name of xceoncide, normally plays a LG monk who loves d&d vers 3.5 - I'll shoot him an e-mail

And that he did. He still hasn't learned to write my name correctly though. :P

That said, my summer vacation is about to be over, so only fridays and saturdays will do for me. If either of days will do for others, I would be more than interested in joining up.

Aemoth any ideas of what you might want to play?

Xcenocide working retail makes weekends kind of rough for me. I get maybe one or two of those days off a month.

Sounds pretty sweet, I do wish to play a wizard or a fighter class if needed

I'm mostly interested in playing a rogue type, but I'm open for a fighter type to a cleric/pally. I'll leave the wizardry to other people.

To Aemoth and all other applicants some friendly advice...a rogue in this game would be kind of a waste. You will have a hard time using your sneak attack in this campaign.

If you are looking for a skill type character I recommend the bard or ranger

If you are looking for sheer versatility I recommend the Artificer (Eberron) however they are difficult to play for one not already familiar with the class.

If neither of these floats your boat a cleric or paladin (maybe one of each in this game) would also not be a bad idea.

Please don't feel obligated by these there are a lot of really fun very strange classes out there such as: Favored Soul (complete divine), Dragon Shaman (PHB II), Swashbuckler (Complete Warrior), Paladin of Freedom (Unearthed Arcana), Warlock (complete arcane) and many others not even including psionics (which I do allow).

Have fun with it I am all about learning new things.

This sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. I'm in the Navy, so therefore work an odd schedule of my own, but hopefully our schedules would manage to coincide often enough to get some playtime in.

The last campaign I dm'd, a player brought in a psionic, classes I had previously had no experience with. I fell in love with the class and mechanics, so would like to use something out of the Expanded Psionics in this campaign if I may. I'll have to research some more to come up with a definite class.

psionics are all available on the SRD. I personally like www.d20srd.org

Thread Information