Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grymlord
    No matter what I do port 1802 remains closed and not reachable.

I am beginning to think I wasted my Money!!!!
    I tried going thru Lynksys no luck tried using "Simple Port Forwarding" no success.

i know I am not the first or only person to have had this problem after reviewing the posts. I been at this for 2 days now. Its no longer fun.
    If you have confirmed the ports are open and forwarded to the IP of your FGII server on your Linksys router then check and make sure that you have no other firewalls configured on your Vista machine.

You may have more than one firewall configured.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

What do you have connected to the linksys? Do you hve either a cable modem or DSL modem? They usually also have firewalls in them.

What type of firewall do you have on your computer?

Ok heres an update....

My desktop can now host because it has one IP address, but my laptop which i plan to use for this program is not accessing it. the lap top which is connected via a wireless router has assigned a different ip to the program.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

FINALLY SUCCESS!!!!!!!

now to see if anyone can connect to me. Anyone?

Alias = ugly roll idle zone

I appreciate everyone who has spent time listening to me complain and pull the last few hairs from my head. I think i could have given birth easier than this but anyway catastrophe adverted.

This is a good learning experience. If you ever need to host a program like Ventrilo or Teamspeak you will also need to learn how to forward ports.

I'm glad you got it working.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Glad you got this working also.

In the defense of Smiteworks, FGII uses standard TCP/IP. Given the problems you had, you shouldn't really blame this on the FGII software but rather Microsoft and Linksys.

As a suggestion to the developers of FGII and to ease the use of the tool for first time users maybe its worthwhile including a tooltip or something when you hover the mouse over the buttons in the launcher.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information