STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Today our gallant heroes parachuted into France as Pathfinders for the 82nd Airborne. For those familiar with WWII, Pathfinders were the first into France during the great invasion. They were supposed to place down beacons and lights to help with the airborne landings....obviously that didn't work very well.

We're taking certain liberties with the 'real way' WWII happened, all in the name of fun (it's not as fun if the PC's are locked into one thing and can't experience the joy of being in some of the bigger battles or events we all know about).

The Briefing - Here the players are learning of their assignment. Parachute in, setup a beacon to bring in the rest of their regiment (the fictional 510th), and then help out with an assault on a nearby town. Tonight's mission focused on the first part, setting up the beacon.

Locating the Beacon - Sadly, during their flight, a German AA Gun hit their plane, causing one of their party (Pvt Redcoat) to be sucked out of the plane, along with the beacon. Redcoat was killed in the process and the beacon landed elsewhere. The PC's had to make find it. Which they did, in the possession of a German patrol whom had stumbled upon it.

Locating the Beacon 2 - A brief firefight ensued and in the end the PC's were victorious. They hid the enemy bodies and the car, and continued along the way.

They eventually met some French Resistance fighters who were on their way to their own target. They agreed to lead the PC's to the drop zone so they could setup the Beacon. Of course, as all good stories go, someone else got to the drop zone first.

Landing Zone Battle 1 - Two mobile anti aircraft guns and 10 german soldiers had moved into the landing zone, 'just by chance'. The PC's and their French Resistance allies performed a sneak attack in order to clear out the area.

Landing Zone Battle 2 - The PC's won again, but this time there were casualties. One Frenchie was hit in the head by a perfect shot from a German (rolled three 1s). Another was ripped apart when the Germans fired an AA gun into their position. As his buddies cleared out the Germans, the Medic clambered into one of the AA Guns and fired on the other, disabling it and allowing the remaining Frenchman to survive the onslaught.

That was all we had time for tonight. More coming in the future.

One thing I still need to work on (other then smoothing out how combats run), is dealing with the Medic. Technically he can't use weapons or fight back (although he justified using the AA gun as 'attacking equipment'). In this situation, and a couple future ones, I gave him control of the French Resistance fighters. That eased my work load, and gave him the chance to get involved in the fight as well.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Thanks for posting, Mr_H; I'm enjoying following this.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

You're welcome. Love to share the game with others, and show off the ruleset people made for other people to use

An exchange from the game that I forgot to post

Matt : What war are we playing? World War One?

Jon: World War 1.5.

Jay: Yeah, that’s the patched war.

Matt: Oh! That’s where they fixed the Italian ally issue, right?

Jay: Yup!

Matt: I bet Hitler’s bummed he didn’t live to see the patch that fixed the ‘Don’t Invade Russia in Winter’ strategy glitch.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Blog Entries
    This is one of the coolest looking games I've seen on FG - great stuff and well done!

Thread Information