DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

GURPS WWII Screenshots

Tonight my group (FINALLY) got back together and started to play a new game. After getting torked at WOTC's PDF policy, we opted to switch over to GURPS to try something brand new.

As luck would have it I became the GM, simply because I had one more game session then everyone else (Thanks to Spyke at FUMCon ). And if I'm game master, you know what that means: Order of the Stick Style Tokens!

This game session was less of a 'real' session, and more of a 'here's how the game mechanics work' session. So, things are a lil messy and the adventure was simple. I was still learning things myself, so I wasn't using the combat tracker correctly.

In any case, I took some screen shots to show things off.

The Assault Begins - The PC's job was to assault and capture a farmhouse. It started with a bang as my brothers group chucked three grenades at two bad guys. Talk about overkill.

Moving on Up - My brothers guys moved up and were startled by a enemy soldier coming around the corner. This was when they were introduced to critical failures as his weapon jammed. Luckily one of his squadmates was on the ball and took out the enemy.

Intermission Time - One of the guys disconned unexpectedly so we got a short break. Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference

The Aftermath - The PC's managed to take out all 12 enemy soldiers. Only one of their own was seriously injured (Well, he died but I let him 'live' so that the medic could learn how to do first aid stuff.

I definitely bit off more then I could chew by throwing in so many bad guys, but it was worth it to show the guys how to play. This ruleset Skype made is very nice, well done

And lastly...the Heroes:
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

good stuff, man!!
    grider

Campaign World: Cthasia - The Ohne Islands
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    King's Library Hosting, Hosting-The way it's supposed to be.

Great stuff, Mr_H!

Talk about throwing yourself in the deep end...

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

That looks awesome.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thanks Making the tokens for these were fun. It's a lot easier then making D&D style tokens, cause you only have one race (humans), and they're all rather similar in appearance. All I had to do was to get a image fo the weapons, then 'draw over' them with inkscape and viola. All set to make custom characters.

The NPC's don't have much customization because of lack of time though :b

Here's the weapons:
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.

This is awesome. And I LOVE the tokens, especially the croaked Nazis. I've got to get the GURPS WWII books...never read them before. Please keep posting about this game. Love to hear some of what you guys do outside of combat.
    M

Just one question...you can put tokens on the shortcut bars...? i didn´t know that...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Haven
    Just one question...you can put tokens on the shortcut bars...? i didn´t know that...
    Yeah, but they're not 'linked' to other things I believe. IE, dragging a token from the combat tracker to the shortcut bar, then up to a map doesn't link it to the character (just tested it and it didn't work for me).

I just put the tokens down there for quick things. For example, the dead characters (doesn't matter who they're linked too) and for when the characters are just moving through a non combat situation.

Our game's been delayed by a week due to work, but I hope to have something up again on our next session

Incidentally, Mr_H, I've just been reading the GURPS Mass Combat supplement today. I don't know whether you've got this, but it looks like it would be a good fit for your campaign, to round out the battles raging around your PCs' squad.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

hmm, interesting. I'll have to snag a copy. Thanks for the heads up

Thread Information