STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Zeus

Any D&D Collectors here?

Rating: 3 votes, 2.00 average.
[COLOR=#800000]Hello all, as you all know I'm an avid fan of D&D, having played it now for some 32 years :) Yes, I'm an oldie. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#800000]The journey for me started with the original/classic D&D back in the late 70's early 80s when I was introduced to the Holmes Basic/Expert sets by my god father at the age of 10. My passion for D&D was firmly cemented by the time Mr Moldvay came along with his editions of the Basic/Expert sets and by the time the BECMI box sets were out I was already DMing my own campaigns based in Greyhawk. Why am I telling you all this? Well along the ways I have procured and acquired various content, material, some rare, some exotic and some not so and thought it might be fun/interesting to share pictures of my collection in the hopes it will encourage others to do so. I like to think of my collection as a preservation of a slice of roleplaying gaming history and it would be a shame to lock it all up never to see the light of day so instead I start this thread in the hopes we can start an interesting dialogue amongst friends.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#800000]And so I will kick off the thread with a history of D&D by bookshelf starting with the original releases and working upto modern day.

Bookshelf number 1 from my collection:[/COLOR]

[IMG]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8773/16478770073_dcf89ab5b8_c.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=#800000]Left to Right
[/COLOR]
[LIST][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Rules for Fantastic Medieval Wargames Campaigns Playable with Paper and Pencil and Miniature Figures (2nd Printing 1975) - the original 3 booklets but the woodgrain box is a replica as mine got destroyed :( and yes, that really was the title of the game when it launched in 1974 - what a mouthful :)
[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Rules for Fantastic Medieval Wargames Campaigns Playable with Paper and Pencil and Miniature Figures (5th Printing 1975) - the original white box[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Holmes - UK Edition 1st Print 1977) - the first revised edition of D&D by J. Eric Holmes who was a teacher and a D&D fan but felt the original books were not new player friendly - he was right.[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Holmes - US Edition 2nd Print 1978) w/Dice[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Holmes - US Edition 5th Print 1980) w/Dice Chit Card - due to short supplies of polyhedral dice TSR shipped chit cards instead.[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Moldvay - US 8th Print 1981) [/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Moldvay - US 9th Print 1982) [/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Expert Set (Moldvay - US 1st Print 1981)[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons Expert Set (Moldvay - US 2nd Print 1982)[/COLOR][*][COLOR=#800000]Dungeons & Dragons 40th Anniversary Reprint of the original woodgrain box Set with rulebooks I-III and supplements IV-VII (1st print 2014)[/COLOR][/LIST]
[COLOR=#800000]
The two little miniature sets are part of the D&D 25th Anniversary celebration reprints of some of the D&D and AD&D 1e classics of that time. I have several of the box sets and nearly all the reprints of the AD&D rulebooks. These are really great items, 1/7th of an inch in scale but all complete and readable (albeit with a magnifying glass), even the maps are all included for the adventure sets.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#800000]You can just see the top of my AD&D 1e rulebook collection but you will have to wait for that one as we have a couple of other shelves to go before we get to AD&D. 1e :)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#800000]Right, I've shown you mine, now you show me yours ;p[/COLOR]

Submit "Any D&D Collectors here?" to Digg Submit "Any D&D Collectors here?" to del.icio.us Submit "Any D&D Collectors here?" to Google Submit "Any D&D Collectors here?" to Facebook Submit "Any D&D Collectors here?" to Twitter

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Moar! I consider my collection to be vast, but I certainly do not have several of these things. I'd love to see more!
    Zeus, the blue boxes, 4th and 5th from the left in your picture, that's what I started out on too! The dungeon was Quasqueton, if I remember right. I'm an older gamer too, but absolutely can't quit the game. The reason I love 5e is because it really gets back to basics with the mechanics and the emphasis on storytelling. Which is what D&D is all about. DM's have a story to tell. They're the director and the players are the actors or at least I think in those terms. No modern MMO will ever touch old school, roll the dice, roleplaying D&D.
    Your 1e's look different except for the middle "brown era" bindings.

I bought the PHB when I first stumbled across ir in The Compleat Strategist. I had no idea at first what this thing was though... didn't SEEM to be the full game. I think it was in '79 that I joined my first game in an illegally squatted in after school game in my Freshman year with a bunch of Juniors.
    After the summer I didn't play (other than in sporatic one offs) until 81 when it was nonstop until 1994 then again 96-2000ish.

I have nearly all the 1e stuff and 2e stuff but have no shelf space... hell I had to swap my den with 14' L table/computer-center for my boys old nursery... I had to pack away some of my PCs and modular desk parts I has a sad
FG Spreadshirt Swag