FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Virtual Scribe Reviews

DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz

Rate this Entry
DOE Base Extension v2.2 by Dulux-Oz
http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...Base-Extension

First Impressions: 5 Stars, 47/50 Points
For users, this extension isn’t very interesting and by itself is minimally useful. But, for every user that wants to do more with FG and leverage the wonderfully powerful DOE extensions like Sound (my favorite), this is simple a required must have. It is executed and supported nearly flawlessly and I consider it to be akin to an official add-on (though it’s not).

Quality: 15/15 Points
This extension is simple. There isn’t much to do with it so usability is not an issue. Reliability is high, I haven’t found any compatibility issues with it. Even more importantly, Dulux has an impressive track record of helping to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues that do crop up. So, even though I’m pretty loathe to give any product a perfect score on quality, I can’t justify anything other than a perfect 15 for this.

Completeness: 9/10 Points
This product does everything it says it will do, and probably more. It is well documented. The only thing I can say is that if you don’t know what the Entry Box to the ColourGizmo is referring to, you probably will never stumble upon it and the instructions don’t tell you where it is. It’s under the Color icon in the top right corner of FG and the Entry Box can be seen in this image;
Attachment 17212

Creativity: 8/10 Points
Because much of what this extension does is behind the scenes as code, and even if the code was the most creative and brilliant code ever to be written, a user really doesn’t (and shouldn’t) care about that. So, looking at the two aspects of creativity this extension does for a user, enabling the other DOE extensions, and the Entry Box to the ColourGizmo. Enabling the other DOE extensions is cool stuff. And those are pretty awesome and creative. The Entry Box, not so much. It’s functional, it does its job, it’s just not very creative.

Value: 10/10 Points
It’s hard to beat free when it comes to price. And given that this extension is valuable as the base to allow the other DOE extensions, it has an exceptional price to value ratio.

Versatility: 5/5 Points
This part is really hard to evaluate. Because, on its own, this extension doesn’t do much (one simple thing), but it enables all of the other DOE extensions that do so much. But, because this extension enables so much more with all the other DOE extensions, then I’m going to say this extension is as versatile as they come.

Submit "DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz" to Digg Submit "DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz" to del.icio.us Submit "DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz" to Google Submit "DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz" to Facebook Submit "DOE Base Extension by Dulux-Oz" to Twitter

Updated January 4th, 2017 at 05:00 by LordEntrails

Tags: doe, extension, review
Categories
Review , Extensions

Comments

Wow - thanks.

I knew I wrote good stuff (others have said so) but its nice to have been "officially reviewed" and to do so well.

I just hope I can live up to this in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz
    Wow - thanks.

I knew I wrote good stuff (others have said so) but its nice to have been "officially reviewed" and to do so well.

I just hope I can live up to this in the future.
    You are welcome for the review.

I don't think the community will disagree much with the ratings. Of course, differing opinions are always welcome.
DICE PACKS BUNDLE