FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

pindercarl

A quick update on the Unity port

Rate this Entry
During this long process of porting Fantasy Grounds to Unity there has been one caveat, "don't break Fantasy Grounds." In addition to the officially supported rulesets, there are countless modules, token packs, and community rulesets with which the new version must maintain compatibility. We're working hard to make sure that compatibility remains intact. To varying degrees (and depending on the day) Fantasy Grounds is running in Unity.

Attachment 14744

A long the way, we are adding new features and building support for future improvements. While working this past week on custom controls for map drawing, I've been putting in support for two of the most requested Fantasy Grounds features (FG Wishlist): dynamic lighting/line-of-sight and multiple map layers. You can look forward to LOS and n number of map layers.

https://youtu.be/do9BR7aJcLs

I'll be sure to post future updates to let everyone see we're making progress and give you a sneak preview of what's coming up.

Carl

Submit "A quick update on the Unity port" to Digg Submit "A quick update on the Unity port" to del.icio.us Submit "A quick update on the Unity port" to Google Submit "A quick update on the Unity port" to Facebook Submit "A quick update on the Unity port" to Twitter

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian
    Dunno if you can speak on this yet but I am curious. Will there be improvements in the way people create sheets/etc? Currently it's all by hand through xml/lua. If your previous Tabletop project (Carl) you were able to take a scanned image of a sheet and then place input locations on that. I found that amazingly inspiring. That would make creating a "ruleset" very trivial IMO and well worth it in my book.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are doing.
    The WYSIWYG sheet editor in Tabletop Connect is one of the features that attracted Smiteworks to the property. The underlying structure of Fantasy Grounds is very different that Tabletop Connect, so I can't comment on exactly what features will be available. However, you can expect significant improvements in the creation and layout of character sheets in FGU.
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl
    The WYSIWYG sheet editor in Tabletop Connect is one of the features that attracted Smiteworks to the property. The underlying structure of Fantasy Grounds is very different that Tabletop Connect, so I can't comment on exactly what features will be available. However, you can expect significant improvements in the creation and layout of character sheets in FGU.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I don't have an issue coding the backend lua bits but for whatever reason I spend 10x more time on trying to get layouts looking good and the way I want them.
    For LOS, and vision, will you be able to have more than one type of vision active? For instance in Pathfinder Characters with darkvision (dwarves and half-orcs) can see lit areas normally as well as dark areas within 60 feet.. Some other programs only allow you to either select dark vision or normal vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil
    For LOS, and vision, will you be able to have more than one type of vision active? For instance in Pathfinder Characters with darkvision (dwarves and half-orcs) can see lit areas normally as well as dark areas within 60 feet.. Some other programs only allow you to either select dark vision or normal vision.
    It's a possibility. The rendering pipeline for line-of-sight is still in progress. It is something on the list to investigate.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
DICE PACKS BUNDLE