FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!"

My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD.

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Well, I did it. I built a 5E module in Fantasy Grounds using a PDF that I created for an original adventure. It was an experimental process to see if I could become my own quasi developer. Since this was an experiment, I didn't record (video) the process. If everything turns out okay, I will henceforth record and share the entire process from beginning to end on my future projects (and perhaps retrospectively on this one).

My intent was to create additional material for the Dungeon Masters Guild.

I will explain what has happened so for and how it will culminate in the GREATEST EVENT OF ALL--ahhh, never mind that. I get excited about stuff.

My basic process for creation:
  1. Came up with an original adventure idea (although mine's a bit cliche', but whatever).
  2. Wrote it down, fleshed it out, etc. (A continual process that never ends.)
  3. Put the information into a near perfect quasi WotC aesthetic using The Homebrewery, caution - only works CORRECTLY using Chrome.
  4. Created and added all maps and graphics.
  5. Converted to a PDF (The Homebrewery does that for you).
  6. Submitted it to editors.
  7. Used the PDF to make the Fantasy Grounds module. (I couldn't wait for the editors to scrutinize, I was too excited and figured I'd make changes retroactively.)
  8. Play test the adventure.
  9. Make adjustments and corrections and finalize everything.
  10. Upload the PDF to the DMs Guild and make the FG MOD available.
  11. Be the "Hero of the Day?"

Attachment 14304

PROJECT COMPLETE! - http://www.dmsguild.com/product/1883...iate_id=878507

After all is said and done, I will RECREATE the process and put it all on YouTube for people if there is an interest.

So what say you blogites? Would you like to see video tutorials of exactly how I went through the creation process? I'm sure many, many people have done this in their own ways, but perhaps this might inspire others of you to give it a go...

Let me know.

Rob

Submit "My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD." to Digg Submit "My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD." to del.icio.us Submit "My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD." to Google Submit "My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD." to Facebook Submit "My original adventure building process including making the Fantasy Grounds MOD." to Twitter

Updated July 16th, 2016 at 18:17 by rob2e

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

+1 for Video Tutorials. Good luck with your module as well. I've noticed quite a few DMG adventures are not made with VTT in mind. Many will have a single map which has numbers all over it, no blank versions. No Player version and an alternate DM version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardian
    +1 for Video Tutorials. Good luck with your module as well. I've noticed quite a few DMG adventures are not made with VTT in mind. Many will have a single map which has numbers all over it, no blank versions. No Player version and an alternate DM version.
    Yeah mine will have all that. Date for publication, I'm shooting for July 22nd.
    Updated July 16th, 2016 at 00:53 by rob2e
DICE PACKS BUNDLE