FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. How to Build a Successful Long-term Gaming Group

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”

- Otto Von Bismark

As the popularity of online tabletop RPGs explodes, so too does the collective frustration of all the new players who can’t find a game. I have been successfully playing RPGs online for over 10 years now and want to share some hard-earned wisdom that will help you improve the odds of having a great experience.

Many of you have come ...

Updated August 23rd, 2017 at 11:04 by Answulf

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Share the Combat Map

I will explain how I have set up my Fantasy Grounds development environment to make it easier for me to go into the rulesets, edit them and observe how it affects FG.

Detour: As a prospective content developer you must be familiar with the Windows (or whatever OS you’re using) folder or directory structure and you must know how to manipulate it: make folders, copy and rename files, create shortcuts, etc. I am assuming that you have this knowledge.

Nobody enjoys, End ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 01:56 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pre-Play

Hello again!

In my last entry I discussed that training new players into the FG system is a bit of additional work for text-only games. I laid out a few things to make it easier (videos and such), but the work is still there when trying to get the freshmen through that first difficult hour in FG.

Dulux-Oz mentioned the idea of making a training module for teaching new players. Basically everything that I planned on typing anyway, pre-typed and ready to go. Linked pictures ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Campaign building 101

The common mistake when building a first campaign is to start too big. You are full of ideas, write pages and pages of notes that too often you never got to use.

You really only need the basic for the first adventure. First a location often a village. What do you really need to know about that village. Let's call our village Douland.

In Douland you can find a mill near the river, a small inn where the farmers go get a drink after a day of work with a few rooms for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Guide to Recruiting for Fantasy Grounds

A guide to recruiting for Fantasy Grounds
    Getting a group together for an online role-playing game may come with its challenges. If you are the Game Master, and have a group of loyal players, starting a new campaign will mostly likely consist of pitching an idea to the group. If you are the new “player” in the world of online role-playing and don’t have a group yet, this blog is for you.

I have been running online games for over six years now, both campaigns and one-shots of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last
STAR TREK 2d20