GI JOE RPG Launch
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Exercises For GM Approach to Solo Play

It was too long, forum didn't accept it so here's the cut content of GM Approach to Solo Play.

# Exercises

I won't be specific, as these are NOT homework;

1. Search your feelings and bring out the character you want to BE. Define it as a Player Character.
    2. What do YOU - the player - want to do if you were that PC? What would you like to achieve or have?
    3. Pick a place you'd like to go for a vacation. Research that place and turn it into a place in your setting
  2. GM Approach to Solo Play

At last, Creative Process is our subject now. Every topic I discussed so far was for the Player Approach which is the default mode of Solo Play if you want to quickly jump into action. Later on, as your experience increases, you can try GM Approach to start your sessions to learn about Game Mastery bit by bit. You will NOT have to create a whole world, just a piece of it to fit your PC in. This can even be a good practice if you want to start GMing for groups.

# Creative Process ...

Updated July 25th, 2024 at 15:03 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  3. Exploration In Solo Mode - Part II

I discussed the first way of exploration in Part I. It is for new players who want to discover a setting that they don't know anything about. But if you want to create your own setting as the story unfolds, there are tips & tricks for it, too. But first, let's define "Exploration."

# What to Explore?

"Exploration, noun: A careful systematic search."
    But search for what? When talking about exploration, don't just think a wilderness map, ...

Updated July 25th, 2024 at 14:54 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
  4. Why & How to Utilize Story Mechanics

In Mechanics of Game Story, I briefly mentioned which elements of game story you can use to create an exciting flow for your scenes. Now, let's expand on it.

# WHY

"It all starts with a desire. A desire to have..."
    Your PC's goals are your goals as the sole player in the solo game world. But just a PC trying to achieve a goal does not CREATE enough material for a STORY. When you add NPC goals that intermingle with PC's goals, you can create more INTERACTION. ...
  5. Solo Gameplay Videos

For now, I'll end this guide with video examples of Solo Play from all over Youtube. Each one of them are part of a series, and each episode consists of 1 or 2 scenes. Mostly 20 minutes long.

Epic Solo's D&D, season 1:

Note: This is a great example of create-as-you-go style in 5th Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akft...i7JMFCZAR39Z4r

Me, Myself and Die's Savage World series:

The finest ...

Updated July 25th, 2024 at 00:16 by Tempered7

Categories
    Solo Play with FGU
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE