FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Campaign building 101

The common mistake when building a first campaign is to start too big. You are full of ideas, write pages and pages of notes that too often you never got to use.

You really only need the basic for the first adventure. First a location often a village. What do you really need to know about that village. Let's call our village Douland.

In Douland you can find a mill near the river, a small inn where the farmers go get a drink after a day of work with a few rooms for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Division Of Spoils

by , September 16th, 2016 at 06:12 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    Recently a discussion was had on the Forums about how people divide up treasure. I won't bore you with the full details (you can read it here if you're interested) but I thought I'd elaborate more fully here on the method I outlined there on the thread. But first, a small detour to set things up.

How characters organise themselves into parties is many and varied, but over the years (I've been playing and GMing since 1982) I've noticed that almost all parties tend to organise themselves ...

Updated September 20th, 2016 at 08:36 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Top RPG Games on Fantasy Grounds through 2020-03

SmiteWorks released Fantasy Grounds Unity in mid-March. In addition, the global pandemic has forced many local groups to play remotely. As a result, there are increases across the board with new game sessions.

Corrected Graphs:

Updated May 28th, 2020 at 18:30 by ddavison

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Guide to Recruiting for Fantasy Grounds

A guide to recruiting for Fantasy Grounds
    Getting a group together for an online role-playing game may come with its challenges. If you are the Game Master, and have a group of loyal players, starting a new campaign will mostly likely consist of pitching an idea to the group. If you are the new “player” in the world of online role-playing and don’t have a group yet, this blog is for you.

I have been running online games for over six years now, both campaigns and one-shots of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Confessions of a 50 Year Old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part V

Everyone has a story inside of them. That's what my father-in-law told my wife and I shortly before he passed away. He self-published a book that we helped him put together. He banged it out on a typewriter while living aboard his fishing vessel, and I retyped the whole story in electronic format. I feel I have a story too and have always loved writing. I also had a dream to do a voiceover in animation. While I may never accomplish that, D&D allows you to tell stories and by golly, if you want ...

Updated July 21st, 2015 at 07:03 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre