View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Jai Kali

The human uprising is in full swing now, with something like four moderators trying to tell me how everything is my fault. It's quite the bizarre spectacle, but it's also a tragic one, because they are hating what they fear. They see the black mother in me, and they hear her in my voice, and they're basically just trying their best to survive. ...and in the end it just won't be enough. One by one she will claim them, just like she's claimed almost everyone I've ever known.

I feel ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hello and Goodbye

I learned some basic stuff about scripting today - namely how to print "Hello World!". ...sometimes. The console messages comes and goes, and I just can't tell why.

Got warned by a moderator today, that other moderators had "nasty, nasty minds" and that worse things than bans would happen to me. I don't doubt it. That's just human nature. I guess that this might even be it, when it comes to developing for FG anymore. I can't support a platform that's somehow used ...

Updated January 15th, 2020 at 19:38 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pixel adjustments

Once the noise is gone, you notice all sorts of imperfections.
    I just adjusted four different things in record_table.xml (that handles tables) and I have to question myself if the layout artist was a bit drunk when he made that, because those " offset="-1" " attributes just make no sense.
    ...but the pixels are just how I want them now, and all is tranquil in the world.

If only humanity knew, how numbers all bloom up from zero, they would scream, and they ...

Updated January 13th, 2020 at 22:50 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Release Day

I'm nervous. Did I get everything? Are there any bugs? Especially the tab changes seemed to just magically work toward the end, so I'm worried that the tab scripts won't be loaded on another computer somehow. These last two days I've been gnashing teeth out of stress, and my cheeks hurt.
    Oh, that's right: I forgot to change a few image names to prettier ones. Oh well. I'll do that later.
    The sheet still has a few things to fix, but it works enough that I can take maybe a month's "vacation" ...

Updated January 12th, 2020 at 12:40 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The two sides of ugly

I'm right now in the process of converting FG:s default sidebar to something... ..."prettier"?
    FG:s sidebar is in my opinion the ugliest part of the default skin. The default skin has a theme that is noisy and distracting. It is there to wow users into thinking that it's cool at first glance, but it's not designed for ease of use and it's not easy on the eyes. The icons in the side bar are some sort of banners, but they're so shiny that they look like they're made out of shining ...

Updated January 11th, 2020 at 03:00 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... Last