DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

Minty23185Fresh

1. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

Setting Default Visibilities Using the Character Sheet

This is one in a series of Combat Tracker EVOE blog posts. The series index can be found here.

Last time I used the Effect Manager Utility to set up default visibilities for conditional effects such as prone or poisoned. When the effect is applied to a character in the Combat Tracker, the effect’s visibility is set to the defined default. If there is no default visibility defined EVOE sets the visibility to GM only. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

Setting Default Visibilities for Conditional Effects (e.g. Prone)

This is one in a series of Combat Tracker EVOE blog posts. The series index can be found here.

As with nearly every preceding blog post I start out contrasting FG with and without EVOE. Why break tradition? A portion of the GM’s Effect Manager Utility and Combat Tracker are shown in each of the two panels in the first screenshot.. The upper panel displays information without using EVOE, the lower panel ...
  3. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

EVOE Demands Better Role Playing

I’m going to detour a little from my usual this time and talk about how EVOE asks more of me, the DM, in terms of role playing. My shortcomings became readily apparent this past weekend when our group play tested the next version of EVOE.

I have a great group; how could they not be: two of the players are my mid-twenty-year-old ...
  4. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

Displaying Defense Effects that Apply to Damage Rolls

When I first started writing this blog I noticed a problem with the Chat display for the RESIST, VULN, and IMMUNE effects used to counteract damage rolls. EVOE now properly handles these effects and accurately reports outcomes in the Chat Window.

Damage rolls have two sets of information. The first set ...
  5. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

Displaying Damage Effects

In this post and the next, I’ll describe the Combat Tracker effects that change or modify the result of a damage dice roll and what EVOE displays to players in the Chat Window. Damage rolls vary, some doing more or less damage than others. Effects might cause additional dice to be rolled or dice roll outcomes might be positively or negatively impacted. ...

Updated September 23rd, 2016 at 06:37 by Minty23185Fresh (Minor typo)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag