FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Made a map to use in my games.

by , April 13th, 2016 at 23:04 (Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!")
    Fantasy Grounds comes equipped with some fine generic maps. They're great. They include some wilderness, some dungeon looking ones, etc. At a certain point after doing so much theater of the mind, or using the maps included with FG, it becomes time to use others.

FG is great in that you can use any image for a map in the game. All you need do is drop the image in the "images" folder under which ever campaign folder you want it in. You can grab any image from the interwebs, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Musings On Master GMs

Or How To Spot A Master GM

I've been around the RPG hobby now for quite a few years (when you see "years" read "decades") and in that time I've come across a few very talented, very knowledgeable and very sought after Game Masters, and recently I've got to wondering what makes these individuals so good at running games. Sure, there are plenty of good GMs around, and there are even a reasonable number of great GMs out there too, but what is it about those special ...

Updated April 8th, 2016 at 03:19 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reuniting the Band: Voices In My Head

When I ran our early demos to kick the tires on Fantasy Grounds the structure of the demo version was different than it is today. Back then it was actually a different version than the paid software. With the demo you could only have 2 connections to the GM, and you could only run D&D 3.5. Since my wife was the only person in the group besides myself who had any experience with 3.5, she signed on each time to help the other player deal with the new rules, and as she gained experience with ...
  4. IRL FG and that...

by , March 30th, 2016 at 02:17 (Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!")
    Warning: Lost Mine of Phandelver spoilers!

Well, we did our first session of game play of LMoP (for my biweekly Monday IRL group) using FG as DM and having one additional laptop set up as a local connect for the player map. None of the players had ever used FG and this is my method of trying to transition them to using it. My group that has been together on and off since 2009, has been resistant to 5E and VERY RESISTANT to the use of FG as a VTT. They're old school, and want to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Reuniting the Band: It's About Time!

My initial email blast to my old players and select friends generated quite a bit of response. One person declined (and one never replied), but everyone else seemed enthused. Most of them had been getting even less gaming than my wife and I, and they were pretty excited to have a chance to game and socialize with old friends in faraway places.

But the next question was invariably “When do you want to play?” And that’s where the trouble started.

One guy lived on
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 51 of 61 First ... 414950515253 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE