FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Confessions of a 50 Year Old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part V

Everyone has a story inside of them. That's what my father-in-law told my wife and I shortly before he passed away. He self-published a book that we helped him put together. He banged it out on a typewriter while living aboard his fishing vessel, and I retyped the whole story in electronic format. I feel I have a story too and have always loved writing. I also had a dream to do a voiceover in animation. While I may never accomplish that, D&D allows you to tell stories and by golly, if you want ...

Updated July 21st, 2015 at 07:03 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DC 12 Craft Check - Part 1

Reading Doug's post on dice inspired me to write about a nice Christmas gift I gave each of my players a few years back.

At the time we were a face-to-face group, and as so often happens in such a setting our gaming table was often overflowing with paper, pencils, rule books, minatures, dice, snacks, drinks... you name it - and I have an old "Board Room" Conference Table as my gaming table, and it was still overflowing! Suffice it to say, dice would go everywhere when we ...

Updated September 17th, 2016 at 02:47 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I'm insane!!!!

Stop me if you have heard this one before ...

"Reapeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is the very definition of insanity."

But here I am. once again ... Writing on this bog....

Slowly searching the keyboard ... trying to see the letters ... working from word to word ... in a valiant effort to make sense ... to not forget because of short term memory loss, what I was trying to ssay. If you are just happening ...
    Tags: blog
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fear of the Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
    For the initial part of this discussion, I intend to elaborate on elements that Lovecraft discusses in his Supernatural Horror in Literature article.

Lovecraft truly hit the nail on the head with this statement. Whenever time is spent contemplating the true nature of fear, the road inevitably leads to the unknown. There are greater philosophers ...
    Categories
    Writing , Horror
  5. The Confusing Country - Or - Understanding Australia

by , March 18th, 2014 at 15:38 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    On the grounds that some of you may end up travelling to the Land Downunder some day, I thought I'd post a bit of a “Survival Guide” to ensure that you understand us Ozzies and enjoy your time here.

Australia is a very confusing place, taking up a large amount of the bottom half of the planet. It is recognisable from orbit because of many unusual features, including what at first looks like an enormous bite taken out of its southern edge; a wall of sheer cliffs ...
    Tags: comedy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE