STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Rialacha Teach Mhorgunna

An Old Dog trying to learn new tricks!!!

1. No Bare Bones Here!!!

“Lord I am amazed at how things have mended. Cornbread is on the table now when white bread was intended.”

This little prayer that was my Great Grandfather's came to mind as this is now the THIRD subject that made it in que for this blog. It has been an eventful week, gaming wise.

Yesterday I was glad it was my Friday. I swear all that got me through the work day was the thought of playing. The party is about to start their assault on the Red Brand Hideout in “Lost ...
  2. I better get busy ... Because this blog isn't going to write it's self !!!!

“The best laid plans of mice and men are oft times lead astray.”

Jim has lead me a merry chase.

And I had no idea this is where it would lead me. After all … I had the book before me, with all the stats and maps. I had seen it played out at least a half dozen times before. Watched all those streams of L.M.o.P. archived on You Tube, back in those days … not so long ago … when I could only dream about playing again with my friends. Had Jim not rolled up a second character, ...

Updated February 23rd, 2017 at 21:26 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Details ... Details ... Details

"The devil is in the details ... but so is salvation."

If you have been reading this blog, you should know I have started running "The Lost Mines of Phandelver." We have made it through Cragmaw Hideout and must say the players did a great job. But I caught one of my players Jim, connected to my Fantasy Grounds making up characters. I had been a little slow in shutting it down. So we began talking.

I told him that if he wanted to run a second character, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A heaping help of hit points

“Please Sir … May I have some … more???”

Last night, my crew was at long last at that section of Cragmaw Hideout from Lost Mines of Phandelver. It is the stuff of which separates the men from the boys. In different streams I have seen it do a TPK (Total Party Kill.)

Attachment 17840

Basically, the party enters into a pitch dark cave. (My players are all humans and need a light source) [3] Sneek past three chained wolves. (The Barbarian threw ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beastie!!!

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

You probably remember the people that sat around the table at that first role playing game. You certainly will recall the brand of game … and maybe what kind of character you played.

But do you remember the first monster you faced?

Mine was a dog. Not a Hell Hound … not a Warg … not a war dog. It ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag