STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Rialacha Teach Mhorgunna

An Old Dog trying to learn new tricks!!!

1. It's Good To Be The King!

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
    Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 2

How do you feel about players who's character's background is the noble? It can be fun. Are the characters role played as entitled fools who must come to term with the reality of having to exist among the common people. It can be a great hook to center the character on. And I usually don't have a problem with this. I mean ... old school ... that was part of the game. A fighter reached a certain ...
  2. Can you lance this boil?

So here is a page that I brought up from the old book "Chainmail" This is one of the Granddaddies of D&D. Published in 1971, it was created by Gary Gygax and Jeff Perren and was an early miniature game that contained a fantasy section. One of my favorite parts was the page on jousting. I use to use this in my campaigns that two of my players use to play in. I think how I will run this in Fantasy Grounds is call for the players to input their two choices of their aiming point and defensive ...
    Tags: d&d 5e, jousting
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Clang!!! Clang!!! Swoosh!!!

So I have a hard time imagining anyone on these forums that has never seen the film "A Kight's Tale." Starring Heath Ledger, it tells a Rock and Roll story of a professional jousting knight. Let's just say ... they weren't going for historical accuracy. Still one can draw inspiration for contests to add to your game. Today I offer you the Sword contest.

Attachment 19585

Below is an image for such an event along with pennant tokens. To make it ...

Updated June 28th, 2017 at 20:02 by mhorgunn

Tags: d&d 5e
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The goblin that laid the platinum egg

Ok … so not my most … sophisticated moments in the game as a dungeon master. Sometimes one needs to get a bit gritty a bit earthy. It is the game master's obligation to their player's to confront their players … even in the smallest of details.

For those who don't know … my players are continuing their way through the introductory campaign, “The Lost Mines of Phandelver.” One of the tropes that seems to have their place in the firmament of D&D, is to take into the fold of the ...
    Tags: d&d 5e, platinum
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 First 12
DICE PACKS BUNDLE