DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Inspiration For Adventure - Swamp Witch

I draw inspiration for the torture - sorry, adventures - I put my players through from many sources; movies, books, magazine articles, and of course, songs. Swamp Witch by Jim Stafford is one of my favourites - it’s a “southern, Louisiana-style” slow ballad that just drips with adventure ideas and plot. If you can, see if you can locate a copy and have a listen - you’ll be glad you did!

In the meantime, I’ve written out the lyrics here to provide my fellow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Coin Size & Mass: Results & Recommendations From An Investigation

I posted this into the Forums in August 2015, but thought it'd be better off as a Blog Post, so I've re-posted in here - enjoy!

Preface
    This article isn't for everyone; some RPG groups aren't that concerned with highly accurate or realistic world or social systems, being more concerned with simply having fun playing. On the other-hand, some groups find a highly detailed, realistic and accurate "system" helps in their enjoyment and "suspension ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 11:20 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Am I An Addict?

Am I an addict? Am I addicted to the endorphic pleasure that creating brings me? Is that why I do it? Is that why I do little else?

It's true that I enjoy writing code; that I enjoy solving the problems that invariable crop up in attempting to command a computer to perform new and varied tasks. I enjoy also that others think my creations are good; good enough to use and good enough to wait in anticipation for the next upgrade or the next new piece of work (although not, apparently, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Musings On Master GMs

Or How To Spot A Master GM

I've been around the RPG hobby now for quite a few years (when you see "years" read "decades") and in that time I've come across a few very talented, very knowledgeable and very sought after Game Masters, and recently I've got to wondering what makes these individuals so good at running games. Sure, there are plenty of good GMs around, and there are even a reasonable number of great GMs out there too, but what is it about those special ...

Updated April 8th, 2016 at 03:19 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Solar Power - Part 2

by , March 22nd, 2014 at 13:23 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    “A Mr Sharashta to see you, doctor.” Feizenbaum nodded vaguely; his head still hurt badly from the 140° liquor the night before and he still had to face the fact that his hallucinated devil had left some disturbingly tangible evidence of its visit. He hardly noticed the handsome young man in the Games Workshop T-shirt slip into his office.

“Ah, Dr. Feizenbaum. If I may use a motoring simile here, I think your brain is still in neutral. Try engaging it into bottom gear. Do you ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
STAR TREK 2d20